Singing Around the Birdhouse - 35 Piece Sequenced Jigsaw Puzzle
The Keeping Busy sequenced jigsaw offers a unique way to allow puzzle lovers to continue to enjoy a favorite pastime while both exercising their cognitive abilities and encouraging social interaction and conversation.
- Unique color sequencing guidance helps people with dementia who find puzzles too challenging to complete the puzzle successfully.
- Allows the person to regain a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment from completing the puzzle.
- Package includes the color-coded puzzle, a picture of the completed image, and detailed instructions, all in a durable box.
The packaging does not include any mention of dementia or Alzheimer’s so that you can give to an elderly loved one with confidence.
How to Use
- Start by offering the pieces from only one bag at a time. If the player finds this too easy, increase the challenge by offering the pieces from more than one bag. With a little guidance, a person with dementia or Alzheimer's can complete the puzzle on their own leading to a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- Most people start a puzzle by completing the border first, and that's how we do it. Starting with the first bag, the player can work on the top border.
- Once that is complete, the pieces in each of the next three bags are used (one at a time) to complete the rest of the border.
- The pieces in the last two bags are used to finish the puzzle.
- Once completed, the final step is for the player to take the puzzle apart and sort the pieces back into the color-coded bags.
This puzzle is a beautiful picture. My wife loves the colors and loves to play with fitting the pieces into position.
This, like all KeepingBusy items is made to a very high quality standard which adds to the enjoyment of using it. Even the yellow box is high, long lasting quality.
The puzzle is brightly colored and comes with several different "placemat" templates to offer different ways of working the puzzle. Everything about this puzzle screams quality.To be honest, my 96-year-old parent with Alzheimer's can't work it on her own, but it's good to sit and pretend to work it "together," and she loves the bright colors of the birds.
I bought this puzzle for my Mom who has some cognitive damage from a stroke and this puzzle was a perfect choice! They are well made and easy to determine which level is best for the individual. I was glad they had an easy format for her to follow and the color coating was nice because she was able to do sections at a time. The colors are vibrant and overall a nice purchase!
An attractive picture for an adult to work on.
Colourful pieces.Finished puzzle a bit small
Singing Around the Birdhouse Jigsaw Puzzle
Our garden bird picture puzzle was designed to be age-appropriate for elderly people living with memory-related conditions. Every game includes 35 large pieces to encourage engagement and gently exercise the mind.