Busy Kittens in a Basket - 35 Piece Sequenced Jigsaw Puzzle for Older Adults with Dementia
The Keeping Busy sequenced jigsaw offers a unique way to allow puzzle lovers to continue to enjoy a favorite pastime while both exercising their cognitive abilities and encouraging social interaction and conversation.
- Unique color sequencing guidance helps people with dementia who find puzzles too challenging to complete the puzzle successfully.
- Allows the person to regain a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment from completing the puzzle.
- Package includes the color-coded puzzle, a picture of the completed image, and detailed instructions, all in a durable box.
The packaging does not include any mention of dementia or Alzheimer’s so that you can give to an elderly loved one with confidence.
How to Use
- Start by offering the pieces from only one bag at a time. If the player finds this too easy, increase the challenge by offering the pieces from more than one bag. With a little guidance, a person with dementia or Alzheimer's can complete the puzzle on their own leading to a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- Most people start a puzzle by completing the border first, and that's how we do it. Starting with the first bag, the player can work on the top border.
- Once that is complete, the pieces in each of the next three bags are used (one at a time) to complete the rest of the border.
- The pieces in the last two bags are used to finish the puzzle.
- Once completed, the final step is for the player to take the puzzle apart and sort the pieces back into the color-coded bags.
This was perfect for my 89 year old grandmother with dementia. She was able to handle the pieces and also see what she was doing. The puzzle piece count was great as it kept her attention just long enough to finish. It comes with 3 different mats to try to solve the puzzle which is very helpful as well.
My 94 year old mom loved owning cats and this puzzle keeps those memories alive. The quality is second to none and I have already purchased another for her. Definitely buying more from this company!
The thought and planning that went into this product is amazing and I couldn’t be more impressed with the color coding system. It is a perfect brain exercise.
Good puzzle for persons with dementia
My dad had mid-stage Alzheimers and was able to do this all by himself. Gave him a sense of accomplishment.
Classcial Broadcasting Jigsaw Puzzle
Our Broadcasting picture puzzle was designed to be age-appropriate for elderly people living with memory-related conditions. Every game includes 35 large pieces to encourage engagement and gently exercise the mind.