Travel Accessories - 35 Piece Sequenced Jigsaw Puzzle for Older Adults with Dementia
The Keeping Busy sequenced jigsaw offers a unique way to allow puzzle lovers to continue to enjoy a favorite pastime while both exercising their cognitive abilities and encouraging social interaction and conversation.
- Unique color sequencing guidance helps people with dementia who find puzzles too challenging to complete the puzzle successfully.
- Allows the person to regain a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment from completing the puzzle.
- Package includes the color-coded puzzle, a picture of the completed image, and detailed instructions, all in a durable box.
The packaging does not include any mention of dementia or Alzheimer’s so that you can give to an elderly loved one with confidence.
How to Use
- Start by offering the pieces from only one bag at a time. If the player finds this too easy, increase the challenge by offering the pieces from more than one bag. With a little guidance, a person with dementia or Alzheimer's can complete the puzzle on their own leading to a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- Most people start a puzzle by completing the border first, and that's how we do it. Starting with the first bag, the player can work on the top border.
- Once that is complete, the pieces in each of the next three bags are used (one at a time) to complete the rest of the border.
- The pieces in the last two bags are used to finish the puzzle.
- Once completed, the final step is for the player to take the puzzle apart and sort the pieces back into the color-coded bags.
I greatly appreciate that this activity comes with graded instructions so that you can adjust the activity for your client/loved one based on level of visual and cognitive level you are targeting.
Our mom with dementia enjoys the puzzle in it's easiest form and sometimes can work it with the steps getting harder. One board has color codes, one is just outlines of the puzzle pieces and then when they accomplish it, a plain white board with edges so they don't slide off. It is versatile and could also be used for kids as they are learning to fit together puzzle pieces, each piece is a good size to handle.
I ordered this for an elderly woman with dementia. I love how the picture has the puzzle shapes with it too, and the corresponding colored dots to match. 35 pieces seemed to be a perfect amount and a confidence boost as she finished it, as well. We didn't use the included zipper bags but it is a nice option to separate the pieces into groups to make it easier. The only nice thing about dementia is that we can do this puzzle every day and it's always a new experience...
I bought these puzzles for a memory care community. The puzzles were easy to do and the plus was they gave suggestions to elaborate on the picture, a little like TimeSlips. I havent gotten to put them in to practice but the ideas totally worth the cost.
I got this puzzle for smaller kids. They love putting this together.
Travel Accessories Jigsaw Puzzle
Our Travel Accessories picture puzzle was designed to be age-appropriate for elderly people living with memory-related conditions. Every game includes 35 large pieces to encourage engagement and gently exercise the mind.