Hot Rod Show - 35 Piece Sequenced Jigsaw Puzzle
The Keeping Busy sequenced jigsaw offers a unique way to allow puzzle lovers to continue to enjoy a favorite pastime while both exercising their cognitive abilities and encouraging social interaction and conversation.
- Unique color sequencing guidance helps people with dementia who find puzzles too challenging to complete the puzzle successfully.
- Allows the person to regain a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment from completing the puzzle.
- Package includes the color-coded puzzle, a picture of the completed image, and detailed instructions, all in a durable box.
The packaging does not include any mention of dementia or Alzheimer’s so that you can give to an elderly loved one with confidence.
How to Use
- Start by offering the pieces from only one bag at a time. If the player finds this too easy, increase the challenge by offering the pieces from more than one bag. With a little guidance, a person with dementia or Alzheimer's can complete the puzzle on their own leading to a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- Most people start a puzzle by completing the border first, and that's how we do it. Starting with the first bag, the player can work on the top border.
- Once that is complete, the pieces in each of the next three bags are used (one at a time) to complete the rest of the border.
- The pieces in the last two bags are used to finish the puzzle.
- Once completed, the final step is for the player to take the puzzle apart and sort the pieces back into the color-coded bags.
The media could not be loaded. Came quick! And good for young and old. Well made and easy to put together and sort.
I got this for a local nursing home and the patients are loving it. They have been taking turns working it
Does what it is made for.
I work in recreation in a nursing home and am a Certified Dementia Practitioner. I got this for work, and it's really nice. The colors are vibrant, the pieces nice and big, and they lock together well. I also like that it includes sorting bags for residents who enjoy that sort of thing. The fact that the picture is a subject matter suitable for male residents is also nice; a lot of large puzzles are geared more towards women and/or children.
This is such a nice puzzle that is very well done. First the picture is really clear and beautiful and the colors are very vibrant. Second, it has bags to put the puzzle pieces so the person doing the puzzle doesnt get confused. It is also color coded which helps a lot. If only they would do this with the huge puzzles that have what seems like a.million pieces just in the border alone. There is also a booklet to help you help them which I think is an awesome addition to the puzzle. My mother has demetia and its hard to get her to do anything except what she already knows how to do so maybe one day I can get her to do it. This is definitely a great puzzle and worth checking it out.
Hot Rod Show Jigsaw Puzzle
Our Hot Rod Show picture puzzle was designed to be age-appropriate for elderly people living with memory-related conditions. Every game includes 35 large pieces to encourage engagement and gently exercise the mind.