Around the Birdfeeder - 35 Piece Sequenced Jigsaw Puzzle for Older Adults with Dementia
This 35-piece puzzle with large pieces features a colored dot at the back, correlating to a template guide for ease of assembly. It includes 1 photograph, 3 guides, and 6 sorting bags for pieces.
The Keeping Busy sequenced jigsaw offers a unique way to allow puzzle lovers to continue to enjoy a favorite pastime while both exercising their cognitive abilities and encouraging social interaction and conversation.
- Unique color sequencing guidance helps people with dementia who find puzzles too challenging to complete the puzzle successfully.
- Allows the person to regain a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment from completing the puzzle.
- Package includes the color-coded puzzle, a picture of the completed image, and detailed instructions, all in a durable box.
The packaging does not include any mention of dementia or Alzheimer’s so that you can give to an elderly loved one with confidence.
How to Use
- Start by offering the pieces from only one bag at a time. If the player finds this too easy, increase the challenge by offering the pieces from more than one bag. With a little guidance, a person with dementia or Alzheimer's can complete the puzzle on their own leading to a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- Most people start a puzzle by completing the border first, and that's how we do it. Starting with the first bag, the player can work on the top border.
- Once that is complete, the pieces in each of the next three bags are used (one at a time) to complete the rest of the border.
- The pieces in the last two bags are used to finish the puzzle.
- Once completed, the final step is for the player to take the puzzle apart and sort the pieces back into the color-coded bags.
This puzzle comes with multiple ways to successfully engage those with cognitive decline/memory issues and caregivers. Puzzle and guide sheets are beautifully crafted and plastic coated for ease of cleaning. A truly impressive and thoughtfully designed activity. FUN!
It was perfect for my Mom. Not too hard and challenging enough to keep her busy.
My 99 yr old MIL enjoys doing this puzzle. It has large, sturdy puzzle pieces. We are working the puzzle using the underlay of the picture and piece shape . Nice bright colors. I ordered three more from this company.
Excellent product. Enough of a challenge but not overwhelming. Doesn’t take too long to complete for people with shorter attention spans. Will order others if available.
Great product for my mother who has dementia. Pieces were easy to place in the puzzle. Color coding is a great idea. The finished puzzle was beautiful and she could do it over and over.
Around the Birdfeeder Jigsaw Puzzle
Our red cardinal bird picture puzzle was designed to be age-appropriate for elderly people living with memory-related conditions. Every game includes 35 large pieces to encourage engagement and gently exercise the mind.