DementiAbility Montessori Implementation Kit
This kit has everything you need to kickstart your DementiAbility Montessori implementation. With over 35 sets of material (plus Pocket Packs) divided into eight groupings that include Cognitive (Mind), Active (Body) and Creative (Spirit) programs, you can fill out your schedule and engage residents with dementia or Alzheimer's in meaningful activity throughout the day.
All the modules have been developed following the DementiAbility Montessori principles and come with easy to follow instructions that describe how to effectively present the materials and adjust their use to match the abilities of the participants.
Having this material available and ready to go on the unit allows staff, volunteers and family to engage the residents any time.
- Includes eight modules (over 35 sets of materials), plus twenty Pocket Packs
- Each module targets one of Mind (Cognitive), Body (Active) or Spirit (Creative)
- Each module contains a variety of material to appeal to different interests
- Instructions describe how to present the material effectively to meet a range of needs, interests, skills and abilities
- Includes "Implementation Guide" for each module
- Helps fill out your schedule with meaningful activity
Includes all of these "DementiAbility Methods: The Montessori Way" Modules
- Five different pocket sized activities
- Easy to present, can be used almost anywhere
- Ideal while waiting for meals or sitting in common area
- Can be used by any staff to quickly engage residents